Sunday, June 28, 2015

Struggles

I got a fill on Friday, June 19. I went from 2.0cc to 5.5 cc. According to my surgeon, I have a 14cc band and not a 10 cc band. Irregardless, I feel nothing right now. It's weird because even last November when I had my first unfill, I was at 6.5cc and had been "too tight" for a year and had pretty much lived on ice cream, had coughing and vomiting every night, and got an upper respiratory infection from night vomit getting into my lungs that caused me to go on prednisone.

In April, when I got my second unfill, I was at 5.5 and so swollen and irritated that I couldn't drink water and lost 16lbs in 5 days from dehydration. And now... Nothing. It's like I still don't have a band.

My next appt is in August, but after my period, I might schedule another fill sooner. The only bad part is that my insurance changed and I have to pay for each fill out of pocket until I reach $1500 for the year. I assume each fill is about $300, so it's very intimidating and cost prohibitive.

In the meantime, I'm doing a vegetarian eating plan. Not quite vegan, but definitely vegetarian. I've been debating about eating fish, but it's been more than two weeks since I've eaten meat, and I'm actually doing pretty good. The ELB said that I'm past the bitchy phase now (meaning that I'm past the point that I would shank someone for a Whopper). And I've made a valiant effort to also give up soda.

The only drawback is how gassy I am....ALL the time. Might need to invest in some beano. Any suggestions on how to make a predominately vegetable diet less odoriferous?

No comments:

Post a Comment