Monday, April 27, 2015

City life

I'm sure that you've all seen the craziness that has been Baltimore the past week. The marches. The riots. The looting. The violence.

This had been our life for a week. As residents of the city, we are living  daily with fear of property damage. Of whether we can get home at night. Of whether our car will be there in the morning.

But until Saturday, this was a minor inconvenience... Then things escalated. There were peaceful marches that disrupted traffic. And then there came the full fledged riots.

Tonight, there are riots, and fires, and looting. Police officers are being attacked. Cars are being burned.

My boss sent me home early, concerned for my and another coworkers safety. I got home before everything really got bad with traffic. The ELB and I are barricaded in our house, for lack of better words.

We are watching the news. And we are concerned. The crowds are growing outside. And it's only a few blocks from our house in this city that we have chosen to call our home.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect time to move to SC... Just saying. Please keep yourself safe.

    ReplyDelete