Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quick and easy guacamole dip

I had half of an avacado from the other night and whipped up this quick dip!

1/2 avacado, smooshed
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Pinch of sea salt
2 Tbsp salsa
2 Tbsp Greek yogurt

Just mix it up and enjoy!

Happy Saturday!

So yesterday I got on the scale at work. I am not using the actual number, but am instead using it just to track gain/loss. I don't know how close this one weighs to my surgeons scale--and that scale is my official weigh scale.

On June 2, I weighed for the first time and it was very close to the number on my ticker-- which is the last surgeons official weigh in.  The next week, I weighed and was up almost three pounds. Last Friday I weighed and was up another 2lbs. Last week was also Aunt Flow, but still....I was not really anticipating a good weigh in yesterday.

When I got on the scale, I was down 4 lbs from my first weigh in on June 2. I lost the 5lbs that I gained plus 4 more pounds. So ignoring the two gains, I'm down 4lbs in the past month. I'll attribute the gain to hormones and bloating and ice cream.

My goal is to continue to lose 1lb a week. And I think that the gym is helping. And so is upping my water. And so is making some healthier foods choices with higher protein and less sugar.

Here is to a hopefully productive and healthier summer!

1 comment:

  1. When I first start exercising I tend to see an increase for 2-3 weeks, and then a dramatic loss the next week. Sounds like you're right on track with that!

    ReplyDelete