Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pasta woes

Before surgery, I LOVED pasta. And even up until last November when I got my last fill, I could still enjoy it in moderation. Now, pasta is one of my no-nos. One bite and I'm stuck and sliming.

But I love shirataki noodles, and this have given me the sensation of eating pasta.

But I heard alot about quinoa noodles, and I was curious. I love quinoa. I love noodles.

I found brown rice quinoa fusilli pasta at Trader Joes a few weeks ago. I tried it today.

I cooked it all dente per the package instructions. It seems very chewy, and could probably benefit from another minute of boiling. The taste was interesting by itself... But was improved with the addition of some smart balance and a dash of garlic salt.

Will I get again? Maybe. Did it give me the sensation of eating pasta? Yes, but I'll try cooking them longer next time.

I was bad last week. I didn't work out hardly at all due to a very mean visit from my aunt flow. I'm going to zumba on Tues and weights on Wed this week and will try to do elliptical at home as much as possible.

I'm excited for friday when I get to see my girls from the last job for girls night out. Drinks, dinner and lots of gossip. Much needed!

I sorted out some clothes to get rid of today. A lot of turtleneck sweaters and some summer stuff. I posted on craigslist and had a taker in 10 minutes. Happy to be passing this stuff on to someone who can use them.

Hope that everyone has a terrific week ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check that out. I tried quinoa for the first time a few months ago and I liked it.

    Have fun on Friday! I love having something like that at the end of the week to look forward to. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete